Job Summary Pharmaceutical - Analytical Chemist Jobs in Northern Ireland
Flame Pharma is now working with one of the world’s leaders in providing analytical services, drug development and research services. We are recruiting for an Analytical Chemist for their laboratory in Northern Ireland to perform, monitor and accept accountability for all assigned analytical duties relating to specific chemistry and/or analytical projects.
Key aspects of the Analytical Chemist opportunity:
- Develop and suitably validate analytical methods in support of API and/or drug product manufacture and/or stand-alone analytical projects.
- Perform routine analytical testing in-line with project requirements. This includes: Stability testing Testing in support of chemical development activities (process development, protein and peptide technology & radiolabelling) Release testing in support of in-house non-GMP and GMP projects as well as release testing for Clinical Services projects
- Perform analytical duties right-first-time in order to complete work within the budgeted resource time and in line with agreed timelines.
- Take responsibility for allocated work in order to ensure a successful project outcome as measured by QQTE (Quantity, Quality, Timeliness & Efficiency)
- Prepare and review data and documents accurately and efficiently, in-line with the Analytical Department’s culture of Right-First-Time.
- Be responsible for the management of own work schedule and provide regular updates to line manager and team members.
- Ensure that unplanned deviations (UPDs) are kept to a minimum and that your line manager is notified as soon as UPDs are generated.
- Ensure that any corrective or preventative action arising from UPDS is completed in full and within allocated timeframes.
- Assist with the identification of alternative test methods and/or equipment to improve efficiency and maximise throughput of testing in the laboratories.
- Make suggestions for the improvement of efficiency and/or reduction in operating costs within the Analytical Department and the wider company.
- Identify incidents of out of specification results and inform the Team Leader
- Assist in the generation of specifications and SOPs relevant to the Analytical Laboratories, ensuring that current versions are available.
- Inform supervisor on a regular basis of progress and any circumstances that alter agreed timescales.
Key requirements of the Analytical Chemist opportunity:
- Degree in Chemistry or closely related discipline
- Previous analytical experience within industry (i.e. pharmaceuticals/fine chemistry)
- Experience of drug substance or drug product analysis in a GMP/GLP environment
- Experience in HPLC method development and/or validation
To apply for this Job or enquire about additional Analytical Chemist Opportunities across the UK and Europe - Contact Flame Pharma free phone on 0800 085 0858 or if calling from a mobile on 0115 8114488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Flame Health Associates LLP incorporating Flame Pharma operates as an Employment Agency & Employment Business
Key Words Analytical Chemist, Analytical Scientist, Analysis, Organic Chemistry, Organic Chemist